Blogging My Life Out

Blogging My Life Out

Nuffnang


Instant Message

Shout Box Corner

Local Tidbits

Travel Tidbits

Adbrite



Site Meter

Discussions

Satelite Feed

Locations of visitors to this page

EC DROP


Place your Ad HERE

Trekking would be a nice way to bond together on a not so sunny day, the weather has been trying all its might to calm its mood as the clouds overhead constantly teases the sun's gaze.


Altogether we decided to take a detour to places we most likely dont visit that often since there would be too many people around the island especially in the tourists spots.

When I was a kid, I would rarely see carabaos, cows nor horses in the city. In place of them were trucks and automobiles running around from here to there. I caught this horse who's picture is on the left, grazing at a lawn just outside a cemetery. This horse doesn't resemble any particular breed or pedigree, not that I am an expert of it, but still the feeling of standing next to an animal bigger than me is fascinating especially when I'm only used to standing next to dogs.

A lost cemetery where my Great great Grandma is buried

It took us a couple of hours to search for this cemetery. The tombs are all old and graves could date back as far as the spanish colonial days. My great great grandma who was buried here witnessed an entire different Camiguin. It was at the time when the ruling class of Hispanic-Filipino families were all over camiguin and when Mount hibok-hibok almost had the entire barangay Agoho buried during its erruption.

A century old Balete Tree Stands in the middle of the cemetery

This Balete tree could be a hundred years old. It has grown to be a witness to different families as they mourn over their love ones during funeral rites. This parasitic tree still has spared its host which is an Acacia tree. The Acacia trunk can be clearly seen on the back of the balete as it reminice its golden days when it was still at its full display before the balete took over.

Finally, we've located my great great grandma's
grave after a couple of ours of looking around


After a couple of hours of navigating through the tombs, we finally located my great great grandma's grave. There were a whole lot of tree litter around, leaves, branches and plastic lie across the cemetery which only gets to its cleanest during all soul souls day.

The deafening silence one can hear inside the cemetery with cicadas and crickets serenading in the background, in broad daylight, gives me the creeps. I thought of the feeling of being left alone here at night imagining the possible things that could happen. At the edge of the cemetery, I can hear the raging sea as it hits the rocks below the cliff. There is definitely no sign of any civilization within a 1 mile radius I think because I could hear nothing but silence.

The last thing on my mind when we left the cemetery is to bury something here, I couldnt just find the right spot. :)

2 comments

  1. Rico  

    Oh, I am so envious of your trip! I haven't had a vacation in ages. I think it was a good trip because you were trying to find the grave of your grandma. To me, the idea of looking for a grave is a spiritual journey, as in the story in "Stand By Me" or "Without a Paddle." Any realizations while you were in the silence of the province?

  2. Rikoy  

    Hmmm, by the way I just want to thank you for your comment and for even bothering enough to read my post. Well, as for your question I thought that when things gets way out of control, one thing you can do is use that to make you a better person. When I took this vacation I never really have any aim or purpose, it was just so I can bond with my family more. :) A little bit of silence made me appreciate solitude, I might be physically alone or should i say literally so to speak, still I know that HE is with me all the time. That's where I usually find my security... :) thanks Rico for asking... :)

Post a Comment

You are now browsing

You are now browsing

Now Showing

>

Who's watching?

People and their FOOTPRINTS

Blog Archive

Recent Posts

Recent Comments