Blogging My Life Out

Blogging My Life Out

Nuffnang


Instant Message

Shout Box Corner

Local Tidbits

Travel Tidbits

Adbrite



Site Meter

Discussions

Satelite Feed

Locations of visitors to this page

EC DROP


Place your Ad HERE

I spent the long holidays (Maunday Thursday, Good Friday and Black Saturday) at Camiguin. The last time I went there was 10 years ago with a special someone. It has always been a family destination since I was a kid so I have grown accustomed to the places and tourists spots the island has to offer.

There is a lot in Camiguin that I appreciate and in the course of time, some of those things have remained almost untouched... unchanged. The picture of the woman on the left is actually a beloved "Nanay" not only of mine but to all the people that knows her in our clan.

Ya Man! - I would love to think that Nanay is smoking pot. :)

I caught her smoking tobacco (Philippine tobacco leaf fashioned in a way that it would look like a Cuban cigar only that at this point she uses a pipe for it) at that moment as this was the favorite past time of most locals in the sitio of Upper Cogon in the Barangay of Agoho which is a couple of miles away from the capital of Camiguin.

We decided not to roam much in Camiguin but visit some of the places we frequent when we're there. Most of the time I would love to sit down below the canopy of a mango tree outside the porch which is facing a road (check the picture on the right side). that leads to one of the famous tourist spots in Camiguin which is Ardent hot spring.

I used to hear Cicadas and crickets that chorally serenade the deafening silence of the night. There was no electricity in those days and there was no any other forms of recreation that most of the locals would usually sleep early.

The picture on the right side is a road that serves as an entry point which starts in Sitio Banlas and passes through Sition Upper Cogon of Barangay Agoho which leads to Mount Hibok- Hibok and Ardent Hot Springs. The road that leads to this tourist spot was once rugged but is now made of concrete.


My biological mother, sister and Nanay Columba (the same person from the picture above) during a mid-afternoon siesta outside the house where we're staying in Sitio Cogon. and my aunt and cousin preparing our midafternoon merienda as pictured below.

I love the tranquility of the place, it's like a refuge for the tired, a getaway for the burned out. Mostly, we stayed in Sitio Cogon to do nothing but lax out, listen to music, chit-chat with our folks and laugh our hearts out.

Though much of the neighborhood now already depends on the sitio's electricity, I would still miss the kerosene lamps and the ghost stories my Nanay Columba have. I asked her to give me a little dose of it to help me reminice the old times and gladly so we started a little trip back to old memory lane.

The picture on the left is of a flower I saw in the garden at the back of my aunt's house, I was halfway to taking a nap on the hammock when it's beauty caught up with me. It was really a good way of bonding together for my family. I enjoyed the trip so much and I hope to be back there soon. :)

5 comments

  1. Dil  

    Camiguin is such a beautiful island. Sana someday malapunta din ako jan.. Natawa ako dun sa pix ng nanay columba mo (yun nga ba ang name), I'd thought she's smoking pot nga hehe.. Nice post rey! More photos pa.. =D

  2. Davíd  

    Hmm you didn't share anything about going to Camiguín on the Lent. =) anyway I enjoyed my trip too. amping pirmi. wak²

  3. Mikes Sumondong  

    1 comment. great pic of your nanay. i think you have a talent.

    God Bless...

    Your Daily Word

  4. Dhon  

    always wanted to go to camiguin!!! yikes... i'm jealous...

  5. Goddy: An Unbreakable Spirit  

    I heard lanzones abounds in Camiguin. I'd like to visit that place and see its unspoiled splendor. Nice and interesting post!

Post a Comment

You are now browsing

You are now browsing

Now Showing

>

Who's watching?

People and their FOOTPRINTS

Blog Archive

Recent Posts

Recent Comments