Blogging My Life Out

Blogging My Life Out

Nuffnang


Instant Message

Shout Box Corner

Local Tidbits

Travel Tidbits

Adbrite



Site Meter

Discussions

Satelite Feed

Locations of visitors to this page

EC DROP


Place your Ad HERE

I cant help but feel sorry that Rizal has to die early without seeing how much the Philippines has changed over the years. But even if he didnt die out of the execution he cant live that long to witness the philippines today. I hope he is watching somewhere, pleased or displeased, with heavenly made popcorns on his lap.
----------

I can do a lot of things in one day. My trip to Luneta was my first all my life. I have been going to Manila for the Nth time but never have I thought of setting foot on Luneta Park until my mom decided that it's a perfect gloomy day to experience an adventure most Filipinos might have already experienced, exccept us of course.

The pictures I've posted were taken from inside the Park a couple of yards away from the monument. I've forgotten the name of this portion of the park as I was amazed at how much the dioramas were able to capture part of Rizal's life story from the time he wrote his novels to the moments just before he was executed, until the moment he was taken to his last stand.

Conversing in Spanish is difficult but thanks to the friar interpreter in front of me.
I hope that the Philippine government would seriously consider
putting back Spanish as part of the educational curriculum.



I was trying to convince Rizal that most of the youth today can not
understand nor speak Spanish so he better write some of his novels in Tagalog.



I was caught in a heated discussion while having coffee with Rizal, the blends the
friars were serving in those days are way better than the 3 in 1's of today,
I think even better than the brewed coffees of Starbucks. :)


I couldnt help but again be amazed at how much greeneries one can see from a metropolitan city that is quite smogy. The gloom of the day matched my weird feeling of how much different it feels to spend a sunday in Manila than in my home city in the south. Adding up to the weirdness that consumed me were the sight of Korean tourists. I heard someone making side comments about the disturbing increase in their numbers here in the philippines. You can find them anywhere from Apari perhaps to Julo, malls, beaches and villages in Cebu and I've seen quite a small seemingly large enough place to be called a barangay that's beeing occupied by them in Angeles City, its like a small china town. I hope they enjoy their visits though.

5 comments

  1. Cathapulan  

    hahaha.. love the acting and the pics pud hehe.

  2. chocowafer  

    never knew there were lots of other statues in luneta. haha.

  3. Xprosaic  

    Jijijiji kinda agree with the spanish class in curriculum. It used to be mandatory before although now even in UP it became optional. Eventually masasabi na lang natin ang "Dispensar porque mi no hablo espanyol!" jijijijiji

  4. Anonymous  

    It's 'Disculpe, yo no hablo español.' =)

  5. Anonymous  

    yo that picture is awesome.. i need a historical manila walking tour (actually scooter tour).

Post a Comment

You are now browsing

You are now browsing

Now Showing

>

Who's watching?

People and their FOOTPRINTS

Blog Archive

Recent Posts

Recent Comments