Blogging My Life Out

Blogging My Life Out

Nuffnang


Instant Message

Shout Box Corner

Local Tidbits

Travel Tidbits

Adbrite



Site Meter

Discussions

Satelite Feed

Locations of visitors to this page

EC DROP


Place your Ad HERE

I was looking out through the window when I took this photo. I feel a little bit uneasy whenever it comes to traveling by plane. I was trying to dismiss the horrors I got from watching too much National Geographic's Air Crash Investigation.

Trying to tune out some of my thoughts as my mind is being swamped with a lot of things good and bad, the worsening weather outside the plane aggravated my discomfort. The streak of gray clouds made the mid day look like it's dusk. When I took this photo, it might still have been half past 9 in the morning and the flight is scheduled to leave at exactly 9:40 a.m. and already it looks like the sun is about to set.

Aside from the weather, I was a little bit apprehensive with the idea of not choosing Philippine Airlines for this travel. Austerity measures might have been what my mom reasoned when she booked our flights, after all it was her credit card that she used and not mine to process the reservations online.

I envied the people boarding the other plane pictured above, the plane touted as Asia's sunniest.

Mid flight, PAL is known to serve snacks to their passengers, while Cebu pacific is known for its mid flight games and give aways, and a grumbling tummy (my tummy). Out of rebellion (because I wont be able to satiate my hunger while in transit) and boredom, I joined and won a smelly Cebu Pacific Pouch from one of their Mid Flight "show me game".

The last thing I was wishing to find while I was fidgeting on my seat is a good old suggestion box. Maybe I can shed a light on Cebu Pacific's quest to dominate the domestic aviation market. I could perhaps suggest that, in exchange of free meals, they can beat out PAL by stepping up their amusement section and have their own version of "Deal or No deal" on board with one of the co-pilots as the banker. The lucky winner should get to own one of the company's Airbus A320.

Cebu Pacific used to come in as a second class next to PAL (Philippines Airlines). "Used to" because currently its no longer the case as CEBU PACIFIC is proving to be every bit a competition to PAL. PAL accommodates it's passengers in Ninoy Aquino International Airport when in Manila (NAIA), while Cebu Pacific would have to just settle with the old Domestic Airport adjacent to NAIA. As the situation for Cebu pacific is improving unexpectedly, about last year the Ninoy Aquino Terminal 3 (adjacent to the old domestic airport and the international airport) already started its operations. This new terminal brought about something like a "HOME COURT" advantage for Cebu Pacific as the company banks on the beautifully constructed terminal.

Terminal 3 is big and quite clean, a class to reckon. There are 20 gates that can accommodate medium sized jets like the Airbus A320. The hall way is clean and is filled with escalators to ease out the long walks from the arrival area to the lobby of the airport.

The passengers wouldn't have to suffer congestion in the hallways and waiting lounges because the departure area is a floor separate from the arrival area.

The Terminal 3 windows are facing towards the skylines of Pasay which provides a nice scenery for the passengers on the waiting lounge in the departure area while the other side of the building shows off the runway and the international Airport right across.

Surprisingly, or so because all of my phobia was just merely a product of my paranoia, my trip to manila wasnt as bad as I though of. At the airport, Me and my two moms were greeted by my uncle who had just flown in from the US to spend christmas with us.

3 comments

  1. Anonymous  

    nice imong mga shots. =)

  2. Anonymous  

    i think you should think about doing photography rey... you got some great shots in your page...

  3. Cathapulan  

    bitaw sweety! hehe
    sige na!!! :D

Post a Comment

You are now browsing

You are now browsing

Now Showing

>

Who's watching?

People and their FOOTPRINTS

Blog Archive

Recent Posts

Recent Comments