Blogging My Life Out

Blogging My Life Out

Nuffnang


Instant Message

Shout Box Corner

Local Tidbits

Travel Tidbits

Adbrite



Site Meter

Discussions

Satelite Feed

Locations of visitors to this page

EC DROP


Place your Ad HERE

an environment friendly answer to global warming and crazy oil price hikes

Who would have thought that the famous "Kalesa" would still be operating these days sharing the highways with cars, jeeps and trucks? I was amazed at the sight of the horses and their drivers as I went past them. I cant help but let the ecstatic feeling take me away after seeing a not so common view from what I'd usually see in the streets. I cant get over praising the Kalesa considering that everyone, even a permanent pedestrian, is suffering from oil price hikes and the world wide economic crisis?

I want to see more of this in the streets of CDO than the noisy smoke belching motorelas that we have there. Wait till I get back... lol :)

9 comments

  1. Mikes Sumondong  

    So right. I can remember a time when i was in Iligan (they also have something like this there, i only paid P2. Wow! What a saving! Yes To Kalesa!

  2. Enhenyero  

    kalesa should be utilized only for leisure heheh, kawawa naman ang horse... : )

  3. chocowafer  

    it's always fun riding kalesas. though they do charge quite a large fee. hehe.

  4. Anonymous  

    i also would love to see more kalesas around.. colorful pa :)

  5. Reyjr  

    tukayo! ;P lol.

  6. Rikoy  

    @mikes : yeah Iligan City too has Kalesas but I wonder if it's still the case... :)

  7. Rikoy  

    @enhenyero : Well it's another aspect I never really considered... hehehehe... Now I am trying to figure out what would be a possible option aside from using the horse... lol

  8. Rikoy  

    @austenfan : it does cost a lot especially if we talk about Intramorus and baywalk... grrrr.... :D

  9. Rikoy  

    @chikletz: yep... especially pag yung kabayo is chocolate brown or white matched with yung matitngkad na kulay nung carriage... hehehehe

Post a Comment

You are now browsing

You are now browsing

Now Showing

>

Who's watching?

People and their FOOTPRINTS

Blog Archive

Recent Posts

Recent Comments